Contacto Sintético
¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

No estás conectado. Conéctate o registrate

Maschinen Musik 20 - Out August 20th

4 participantes

Ir abajo  Mensaje [Página 1 de 1.]

1Maschinen Musik 20 - Out August 20th Empty Maschinen Musik 20 - Out August 20th Miér Ago 04, 2010 1:46 pm

Dr.Schmidt

SLAVE
SLAVE

Maschinen Musik 20 - Out August 20th Mm20-400x4000

Sorry He tenido que editar para no cerrar el foro Sad

Next release on Maschinen Musik - Dr. Schmidt: Salvation Machine. Comes with a stunning remix by The Dexorcist! Out as exclusive pre-release on Junodownload August 20th. Check it Out!!!

2Maschinen Musik 20 - Out August 20th Empty Re: Maschinen Musik 20 - Out August 20th Jue Ago 05, 2010 11:21 am

CRITICON

CRITICON
MASTER
MASTER

great atwork DOC!
my fav the original version!!
Smile

3Maschinen Musik 20 - Out August 20th Empty Re: Maschinen Musik 20 - Out August 20th Vie Ago 13, 2010 11:48 pm

Dr.Schmidt

SLAVE
SLAVE

Thanks. Shoule be good. Out soon....

4Maschinen Musik 20 - Out August 20th Empty Re: Maschinen Musik 20 - Out August 20th Sáb Ago 14, 2010 1:37 am

replicante norman

replicante norman
DOMINATOR
DOMINATOR

Thnx 4 your sounds!!!
Real 4 my mind...

http://www.replicantenorman.com

5Maschinen Musik 20 - Out August 20th Empty Re: Maschinen Musik 20 - Out August 20th Vie Ago 20, 2010 11:00 am

Dr.Schmidt

SLAVE
SLAVE

Out today: http://www.junodownload.com/products/salvation-machine/1616255-02/

6Maschinen Musik 20 - Out August 20th Empty Re: Maschinen Musik 20 - Out August 20th Vie Ago 20, 2010 11:25 am

Erick Steele

Erick Steele
DOMINATOR
DOMINATOR

Cool Dr. thanks for the info.

The other day I had a look to one post so interesting in EE where you guys talked about "Is it wrong to want to make money from deejaying and producing music? ... " (sure you remember it)

I honestly think that this release that you are posting here deserves to be on wax, and Ie. if I want the .wav files, it will cost me not much more less than a vinyl release.

I'm interested to know from you your oppinion about why is so difficult nowadays to release out wax, knowing that is a fact that nobody will make money with it, I assume it.

Best regards and good luck with your music!
E.

7Maschinen Musik 20 - Out August 20th Empty Re: Maschinen Musik 20 - Out August 20th Vie Ago 20, 2010 11:42 am

Dr.Schmidt

SLAVE
SLAVE

Easy to explain. Vinyl has a much higher productioon cost. You have mastering, cutting, galvanic preparation of the pressing moulds and printing costs before you have pressed one record. So that's a fixed ammount of money. To get this money back, you have to sell between 500 and 700 copies, depending on if you have artwork, color etc.. Only if you sell more than those 500-700 records, you will actually make money.

Now let's face the numbers. Since the breakdown of the vinyl market (and the CD market), the sales have droped to 1/5 of what they used to be around 2002-2003. So if you were a big techno label, and you sold 10.000 copies, you are now selling 2000. With electro it's the same. I used to sell 500-700 copies, and then this went down to 150 copies in the end. So I went from hardly breakin even to loosing allot of money while stocking piles of records in my basement.

Why is that so? The breakdown is connected with digital media and file sharing, a different view of today's youth on music and the breakdown of distribution structures. Latter is especially sever, as in the end I couldn't get records over to the US anymore. Big and important distributors for Electro like Syntax in New York, Neuton (Germany), Intergroove (U.K.) went bust and its close to impossible for small labels like mine to compensate that, especially with a global secene like electro.

So how does it work today: Well, most big names subsidize their labels with the money from DJing or performing live. Even big techno labels are run that way these days. And now look how many bookings one can get as an ELectro artist, bookings of which you profit. Well, in my case this amounts to 0. So going digital was the only way to continue releasing music. Not that I'd prefer it the other way around.

8Maschinen Musik 20 - Out August 20th Empty Re: Maschinen Musik 20 - Out August 20th Vie Ago 20, 2010 12:34 pm

Erick Steele

Erick Steele
DOMINATOR
DOMINATOR

thanks by your answer Dr.

So one of the problems is that there are no clubs where we could show our work. IMHO, nobody from our own scene is investing money in a club, instead of a record label ie. I mean, everyone is interested in release work out, but if you dont have a place to show it to the audience, this is not going to work never. Our music is designed mostly to be listened in a club environment.

As you said, the only way to maintain a label is with the djing/live incomings, but like there out no exist clubs running for us, all is limited to this fact. why we are not working over this line?
My reality here is that everytime that I'm going for a electro club (im talking about here in spain), the same people that is writing daily in forums supporting electro are not there, so clubs are empty. I consider the club as the main important piece of the scene, where we could show our lives, spin our loved records and connect to audience in a face to face way...
Another thing well known is that club promoters are involved in a war instead of be a complement of each other..

We should work to create a small club scene network, and support the partys... if not, electro will be reduced to a kind of internet forums phenomenon and home oriented listening in portable players!

cheers!

9Maschinen Musik 20 - Out August 20th Empty Re: Maschinen Musik 20 - Out August 20th Vie Ago 20, 2010 1:21 pm

Dr.Schmidt

SLAVE
SLAVE

The problem is, that it is a bit too much to produce, run a label, and then also run a club or a clubnight. Most of us work full time to actually be able to run a label. I think it should be the electro fans who do the clubs or the clubnights. Back in the day techno got big this way. There were people who organized parties, producers and djs.

And the situation here simply is, there are no electro parties anymore. Nowhere.....

A.

Contenido patrocinado

Volver arriba  Mensaje [Página 1 de 1.]